GOLDEN BOY

by - September 04, 2017



PHOTOGRAPHY

         Meet Ugwu Onyebuchi Michael





“Buchi,” I said “I shall title this post golden boy not because of the shade of brilliant yellow wrapped around the buzz short strands on your head, but because this is you. You’re golden because you choose to be nothing but who you want to be, because you’re unapologetically yourself and this is rare.”

 


Buchi and I were first acquainted online, the small talks of admiration of the other’s work and how amazing it is that we study in the same Uni. Then proceeded a couple of fleeting “What’s ups” and “How fars.” around campus because I was either always on the Go or there was the presence of this abstract silent distance you share with an acquaintance, cautiously trying to measure the surface. But then we happened to be put together in the same room for work, the both of us modelling (I really still cannot honestly call myself a model.) and we both saw a side of our capacities and related on the sheer desire to damn dress cultures and do as we are creatively led! (well at least to an extent)

We made plans to collaborate soon, but then, you know life. The hassle of our different schedules, of Uni going on a strike and him zooming off to parental residence, the collaboration plan sat heavy and laid more stale eggs. 

But finally, it happened and the visual work is what I present to you.




 Buchi is an easy, hassle-free model to work with especially for this first-time photographer. “The I’m cooler than you stare,” “Buchi just pose…” he made it seem effortless. And except for the first outfit, I had no input whatsoever in the rest of his clothing, it is all him. 




We drifted through the city of Minna striking random conversations with drivers and bystanders alike, his hair and multiple piercings were enough to leave locals gawking and wondering about such blatant insanity. (Minna absolutely is a small and conservative city, nobody minds their business really. lol)





It’s not every day you get to meet people who aren’t afraid to stand out for the things they are passionate about and stand out does he do well because, I mean, he’s Golden boy.

 




Shall I add photographer to my resume now or is it too soon? I mean not to beat my own gong or anything but I did do a pretty decent-ish job…or didn’t I?
Thanks you guys for the love and support, you indeed fuel my drive to do what I do.

Ahinya! With love, x E

Photography and editing: Ene Ijato @ene_ijato
Model: Onyebuchi Ugwu. Instagram: @oddwave and @2canslay



You May Also Like

18 comments

  1. That was a beautiful presentation, you should work both ways

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dope pictures and Buchi is no doubt a golden boy. Nice work girl 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos! nice shot #ejato And Gold on top his game like kilode. God bless ur hustle kip up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, he deserves it o, thank you for stopping by. ❤ E

      Delete
  4. Loved the pictures,you looked great @buchi....amazing work @Ene_Ijato

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your style@buchi..nice work @ejato

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oshey!! Madam photographer!!! ������ I'm here for it! ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol you know it girl! I'm so humbled by the so much love you show me, a hinya. ❤ E

      Delete
  7. Nice work here....i like the creativity and the idea that there is a Golden boy out there (lol). More grace to your mind and strength to your movement.. I am crazily in love with this wonderful work of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! and I'm glad you enjoyed the read and photos. ❤ E

      Delete
  8. Nice pictures. The first one in particular is top notch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ola, it's amazing to have you on here always. Plus that one's my favourite too. ❤ E

      Delete

Eager to hear your thoughts!

EJATO'S CANVAS

Fashion and a Nerd

Powered by Blogger.

Press