TO BE A RAINBOW

by - June 27, 2017





Because it’s rainbow season, I’m permitted to look like a rainbow.











And it would seem as though colour blocking was out the window, but fear not, for I have damned the trends that be and present to you the perfect way to look like a rainbow, except I forgot to wear my mirrored sunglasses and have you see me see the world through rainbow coloured glasses... it actually killed me for a while.

Nevertheless, I have been inspired by a fashion org. that actually does not give a damn about adhering to fashion laws on exploring the colour spectrum. I for one have always been more inclined towards darker colours (at least I used to think so) but after taking a dive at this, I found out that it actually doesn’t hurt to make people laugh a little. Whether it’s with you or at you mostly in my case (what can I say, I mean pink fuzzy socks? lol) as long as you’re comfortable and happy with what you’re wearing, you’re game in my opinion.







In the most likely situations in life, it has been researched and found to be true in many surveys that colours do actually influence your moods. Like the artist, Pablo Picasso once said “Colours, like features, follow the changes of the emotions.” and what does he know? it's not like he was some world renowned painter who lived and breathed with colours of so many varieties.

And although there are a handful of amazing reviews and opinions people have about colours, some of them happen to be actually quite outrageous and sometimes outrightly vague. For although black has been associated with fierceness and aggressiveness, I have met a few people who wear black on a steady and are neither of these adjectives. To be fair I like to think it depends not only on the colour but on the personality of the individual who wears it. A lot of minimalists wear majorly black and white and yet a lot of them are the sweetest people you’ll ever know. 






So yes, I do believe the colours we wear sometimes reflect our personalities but I believe more in the fact that the colours we see affect our moods even more and just like how unless you’re a mirror obsessed person, we do not see ourselves as much as others see us. The colours we wear influence other people more than they influence us, at least I’m logically inclined to believe so. 




Hence if you’re like me and you really want to have a positive impact on the world around you no matter how small and even if it’s for a day, then don’t be scared to get your rainbow game on. Be the brightest rainbow you can be, elicit the biggest smiles you can, for with so much gloom surrounding us in different measure, “be a rainbow in somebody else’s cloud.”



I’m too busy realising how imperfect humans really are and how thoroughly inconsiderate it is to judge people simply based on the things you do not like about them. There’s a story behind every person, a story they couldn’t change even if they tried to, a story that shaped them whether they wanted to be shaped or not.
Wham Bam! With love, x EJ
Last Week.
Book // Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche
Music // To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra
Movie // I Am Not Your Negro by James Baldwin




You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. You just had to wear the pink sock huh, I must say this takes me back to repressed memories of crazy clowns.. well, since its rainbow season the outfit looks really cheerful and experimental, definitely a cool look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks. Definitely what I was aiming at! ❤ E

      Delete
  2. This outfit actually looks experimental unlike the ones I've seen so far☺. Love the bold text at the end. It's so true

    ReplyDelete

Eager to hear your thoughts!

EJATO'S CANVAS

Fashion and a Nerd

Powered by Blogger.

Press