AN OVERSIZED SPRING/SUMMER

by - June 13, 2017





Somewhere in my mind, the reluctance to venture back into skinny jeans and tailored blouses has nothing to do with the struggle to attain a fuller look, I’m just hell bent on feeling spring/summer through every pore on my skin.






So, I have come to the conclusion that as a Nigerian who loves food, getting caught in the rain, the wild scent of rain-soaked soil and the irresistible untethered colours of nature. Of all the seasons, spring/summer is undoubtedly the fairest of them all. 

Taking into account the random distribution of equally engaging your minimally heavy cold-managing clothing and lightweight skin-sharing apparels, spring/summer gives the wardrobe of your average fashionista so much liberty.
In which case I will like to address my nominal engagement to all things a size or two larger. Somewhere in my mind, the reluctance to venture back into skinny jeans and tailored blouses has nothing to do with the struggle to attain a fuller look, I’m just hell bent on feeling spring/summer through every pore on my skin. And as I am not the shorts and crop tops or tanks kind of girl, this outfit works on every level.
Truth be told, these trousers belong to Papa Abba, and the shirt happens to be my Mamas. In any case, feel free to explore hand me downs (or take them like the renegade you are!) Either way, in your search for oversized clothing do know that flowery T-shirts are a classic and a fitting androgynous indulgence for both genders, and you can never go wrong with lace-up boots in my opinion.

Verily I urge you too to ignore comments that claim you look like potatoes in a sack or a millennial version of Aladdin, I mean an avocado will always be an avocado irrespective of whether or not you like it as it is. (This makes sense I think…)
Season greetings, and a happy oversized spring/summer to all the lovely humans of earth from the girl with an avocado in hand, all the way from Nigeria. 
              
  Although this Nigerian girl who acknowledges only wet and dry season happens to hear spring’s already ending its run.


So, I will simply say it! Uni is back in for the semester, and my system is trying so hard to adjust to the recent changes hence my one week absence (*eye roll* excuses, excuse me). Technical/electronic issues also suffice as my comment box suddenly went AWOL on my last post (Thanks to all the lovely people who got to me about it, xoxo) but humour me with the cliché of better late than never.
Wham Bam! With love, x EJ
Last Week.
Book // Woman at Point zero by Nawal El Saadawi
Music // Trust no one by Alpha Wolves
Movie // Hidden figures by Melfi and Allison Shroeder

You May Also Like

0 comments

Eager to hear your thoughts!

EJATO'S CANVAS

Fashion and a Nerd

Powered by Blogger.

Press