THE NEW CLASSICS

by - January 15, 2017



On young thieves or not who make a habit of raiding through the wardrobes of lovely grown-ups with hoarding inclinations







Its 2am on a Monday morning I’m in bed, my grandma glasses resting on the bridge of my nose and my computer staring brightly at me as I write this hurriedly yet seriously devoting post because I’m trying to keep you guys happy.
Admittedly one post per week isn’t really as daunting (I’m trying to rectify this) but there’s a lot of business going on in the art of procrastination and I buy into it more times than I’d like.



The whole concept of this post and photo was created from these shoes. Believe it or not they were my mothers’ and as fashion has in recent times adopted retro as a niche I therefore could not think of a better way to indulge this than to ransack my parents wardrobe (and believe me I’ll be writing about what I found in my dads’ soon, keep your mind open for an Elvis Presley/Jackson Five/Disco costume. Good thing I have the fro to match!)
Crop trousers, a pretty coat, satin necktie and a horizontal pleat dress completed this look for me and dare I not forget the safety pins I wore as earrings that got my mother and my friend Sarah wondering about my sanity and if you’re wondering too, I mean I’ve pretty much established how much of a weirdo I am by now. (and don’t they just look freaking gorgeous yeah?)
The classics are things that will still look good years from now, innovative and creative ideas, styles and pieces. The new classics are the reinvention of the classics at a time or moment like now. We are the new classics, we who are daring and not afraid to be a little crazy every now and then. We who take strides when others tiptoe around the issue, we who are bold.





 So perhaps all I’m doing now is nothing short of rambling and maybe I can hold to account that it is the fault of the ridiculous amount of caffeine in my system or the insane number of calculus problems I have battled in one night like a firewoman due to the evil in my head –procrastination. But I like to believe you will pick out a few coherent statements from this “massive” junk of words I have unloaded and you will go out into the world raiding the wardrobes of your mother, father, great aunt, second cousin twice removed, uncles etcetera and make of yourselves a new classic with whatever moth-ridden junk you happen to find.



 

Consistently I’ve had to pull an all-nighter to keep up with the pressures of the so-called hustle. Feel free to throw Uni in the heart of the mix. These eye bags don’t lie to nobody! (Although they’ve been pretty much living on my face longer than I can remember)

Happy Raiding loves! And don’t forget to sleep… I’m serious.



Nylon coat - Message
Horizontal pleat dress – Bamboo
Crop trousers - Ejato

          
                Editing // Ene Ijato
    Shot with a Canon 1100D (I have received questions)
  



You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Best One Yet!!!!
    👍👍👍
    Honestly, I enjoyed this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the read. I'm greatly flattered and glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. This post has more direction than the last I think, rehashing forgotten style is definitely worth a try, but I doubt I'd fit in vintage overly broad suits or pants...but I guess some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, perhaps you should try raiding some other extended familys' wardrobe and modification is something you should indulge too. Thanks for the read as always.

      Delete
  3. From the topic,to the write up & right down to the pictures, All I could say was 'WOW'. Goodnews was right;This is the best one yet.👍 #Perfection-At-It's-Best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks a lot Patrick you're far too kind. I appreciate the read as always.

      Delete
  4. Another lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the read, i'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete

Eager to hear your thoughts!

EJATO'S CANVAS

Fashion and a Nerd

Powered by Blogger.

Press