AUGUST RUSH

by - August 14, 2017




And we shall slightly explore the august wardrobe, August, in its heavy rains and scorching sunshine. What to do, what to do with August.








In this beautifully both sunless and brightly burning sunshine filled month, it would be easy for me to say august has the best weather in my yearly cycle of seasonal staples. From the thick knitted cardigans and woollen jackets to simple cotton and chiffon blouses, the perfect indulgence of both shows how August is an accommodator of all (There's no wonder here about why it is my birth month!) 

Nevertheless, I still get the weather prediction wrong sometimes and wear knits under a sweltering sun, needless to say to save myself from embarrassment, I sniff my way through blank stares and blame my cold for this fault. Hence lesson here is to never try to replace your legit local weather forecast, they’ll always get it right more times than they are wrong. But yea... we’re still learning.






This month has started on a very busy and productive note for me. I have worked with some amazing people in the industry, made some remarkable friends and I’m currently trying my hands on some creative directing and independent photography work. So, whether I like it or not, August seems to have me on a rush. Whether it’s literally running from class to a shoot under a drizzle or trying to submit an over-due assignment because I’ve been so caught up with the runnings of a freelancer. But really, it’s the good kind of rush. 

I feel we live in a time where young people depend so much on validation from people who do not fully understand the dealings of what it means to be a youth in our time, to find some form of security for your future amidst so much unemployment. I admit that not everyone can actually multitask their lives, chasing a lot of the things they want at the same time, but for those who think they can I believe it is worth the shot. There is never a more precise time to be sure of your youthful energy than now, the ability you have to chase dreams, to not settle. Because trust me there will come a time, a couple decades from now down the road when you’d wish you still had this rush. But just like August, we only get it for a season.







I’m currently at a loss for the amount of responses I received on my last note on being candid about changes here and well, what to do, what to do with so much opinions…

Wham Bam! With love, x EJ

Look : Canopy dress by Taha, Jeans – Thrifted, Mules by Nine West.
Photography : Mustapha Bello and Myself

You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. You got those words right and its amazing,sometimes I just get reluctant to take up some responsibility as a youth(its truth when you said the best time is now)but I don't seem to get even a bit of confidence just end up with this crazy mood swing but hey!!I just figured out that am so much in need to used the word "multi tasking and good rush" to described something for myself too if you know what I mean.
    However,I am inspired again thanks...B*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand what you mean and where you're coming from, and yet we continue to constantly push on and learn. I'm glad this inspired you and thankful to you for stopping by as always and leaving a feedback. ❤ E

      Delete
  2. Great article as always. The last paragraph hit home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I continue to be grateful for your friendly presence here and honest review. ❤ E

      Delete
  3. I have been completely mortified this past month..am lazy and I love it..the question is why? I still feel like overambition should take credit for my inefficiency.... I have a goal but I don't know how to get to where I want to be admist this mist of doubt that beclouds my sense of judgment....any advise as to why I don't get the rush to push out of my comfort zone now?
    .........newscoolmusic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, believe me this is something a lot of us can identify with. Sometimes we relax because we think we have it all figured out, comfortable where we are or scared of disappointment. But having it figured out isn't making it happen, being comfortable isn't exactly being where you want to be and disappointment is a process we undergo to achieve success. I think it is important that in order to achieve a goal we must give it all we have and want it badly enough to live for it. I hope this helps, ❤ E

      Delete

Eager to hear your thoughts!

EJATO'S CANVAS

Fashion and a Nerd

Powered by Blogger.

Press