IN THE RITUAL

by - May 01, 2017



Into the life of Ene Ijato from your end, peeping through a keyhole. There’s nothing fabulous or glamourous about it, for I am just another random girl, in a random universe living a beautifully chaotic life.






Perhaps I like to believe I live a ritualized life, patterned and scheduled to time and utilize every given moment, but the truth here is that I attempt to. This post is perhaps not an exact day to day ritual in my life but when I am not worrying about Uni and exams, work deadlines, mourning the loss of Dunham’s Girls and how Coke causes so much financial dent in my pocket, I am here in the ritual.

BUT FIRST FILL MY TEACUP…





No I am not a morning person so before you can draw out any form of functionality from this girl, first, fill my teacup. And I have just about found the most perfect substitute to coffee (craving reduced caffeine levels?) in my opinion and I would not be switching to any other in a while. My adjoined activity would be checking on emails, social media and replying messages.

THEN MY PLATE








I am a breakfast person and as I have said more times than I can call to account, I prioritize breakfast because I am a sucker for food. And just like that, on a pure uninhibited whim I have invented what I call the Vegetable Sali Cone. Not to beat my own gong, but I’m pretty foodie badass yea?





You do not need a significant other or a luxurious getaway to the hotel of your dreams to be treated to breakfast in bed. Use your two hands or the fast food joint around the corner (I see you…) and treat yourselves right Loves.







BTW, freshly cut scented flowers will do wonders in cutting your air freshener budget and keeping your room smelling naturally fragrant. So no, although they are beautiful they are not just for show.

CONFESSIONS OF A BOOKWORM





I’d be the first to grab a book at the first sign of boredom, because I am that much into ‘wordgasms’ So you’ll find me hooked to whatever masterpiece happens to have hooked me into place, in which in this case I am on the search for Atlantis with librarians (my kind of people) the Flem-Aths.



ON DESK
 



Find me on desk tending to photoshop or attempting amateurish coding, writing away on Microsoft (work works working). Or rampaging the blogosphere for inspirational and thrilling content from my favourite blogs or simply reading the news millennial/no-money-for-everyday-hardcopy style (a lá online). Mind not the constant state of clutter my desk is in, beautifully chaotic remember?



BATHS AND ROBES



As per typical African girl with nappy hair, I wash my hair quite infrequently and the days when I have time on my hands, I do it!
I still maintain that some of my best ideas ever have been cooked up in the bathroom or toilet (…) So ritualize long baths and maybe you’ll join the Eureka! Club.

CAKE FOR THE FACE, PLUM FOR THE LIPS









Yes, although this girl owns no foundation or concealer she still knows how to bronzer highlight and powder cake her face, plus her signature bloody lips and darks eyes. Makeup for me has always been a convenience issue and I will when I can baby!



WEAR ME



The constant disarray of my room is a tell that I have one too many clothes I need to let go of, hence I am thinking of a wardrobe Sale (key word thinking, because I have the genes of a hoarder). After picking out an outfit from places I cannot tell (respect my privacy people!) I spray on some perfume (In as much as I love wildflower scent, it just cannot do in a place like Minna). Out the door I go!




OUT AND BEYOND



I believe in living life to the fullest, conquering obstacles and standing tall even if you think you are alone in it all. For in everything that inspires you, do know that you are your own person and in a world so saturated with an abundance of voices, never loose yours. 


I try the best I can to be on here, and this is perhaps what I have been up to between the small space of two days peeking through a choked-up week of Uni exams. I shall now return under the clouds of voluminous books and head spinning exams, hope you all are good and pushing boundaries in every way that you can? Don’t miss me too much.

Wham Bam! With love, x EJ

Photography // Ene Ijato
Editing // Ene Ijato
Styling // Ene Ijato
Wearing; Shoes by Kondi// trousers - Thrifted // Kimono by Ene Ijato



VEGETABLE SALI CONE RECIPE

 Ingredients
Lebanese bread (sourced from local supermarket)
Cabbage
Egg 1
Ketchup
Irish Potatoes 4
Cucumber
Mayonnaise
Carrots 1

Baked beans half a can

Raw honey


Procedure
Peel, slice and wash Irish potatoes, deep fry and set aside. Wash and slice all fresh vegetables according to taste and also set aside. Place non-stick pan on stove, with low heat setting burst open an egg into pan and roast until yoke solidifies, sprinkle salt/Knorr, chili pepper, ground garlic and set aside.
Return the pan back to stove and fold the Lebanese bread into a cone, with a drizzle of oil on pan, heat the bread until warm and slightly golden. Butter the bread with mayonnaise, insert vegetables, fries, and egg if you desire or can be eaten separately. Spread baked beans as topping, squeeze ketchup on top of Vegetable Sali Cone and enjoy, or if you have a sweet tooth like me, indulge a generous helping of pure honey.
*fillings can include various vegetables of your choosing.  


 




You May Also Like

6 comments

  1. Amazing Imagery........... your Vegetable Sali with Honey suddenly makes my planned breakfast of Mansa and water seem very Lacking😣😣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks Wales always heartwarming to hear from you. Plus I actually really like Mass ❤ EJ

      Delete
  2. Might not fulfill the random part but I sure do agree it's Beautifully chaotic indeed..��
    Cool stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, aww such kind words. Thanks Ridthwan. ❤ EJ

      Delete

Eager to hear your thoughts!

EJATO'S CANVAS

Fashion and a Nerd

Powered by Blogger.

Press