LYTS ME UP

by - April 17, 2017


When LYTS crosses two items off your Wish-list because they know just what you want!



I would be the first person to say that I do not overly indulge trends but I’ll also say that I have always wanted an extra casual tote bag in black branded FEMINIST and LYTS made my wish come true. 


 
LYTS might sound strange to you yes? Well let me be the first then to introduce to you a fashion/lifestyle emporium brewing in your very backyard(Contextually). Currently based in Abuja, LYTS is a fresh out of the water fashion organization with the maiden edition of its magazine coming up “very soon!”
This editorial piece was written by yours truly for LYTS magazine, so head on down below to read the whole article.






The fashion industry is perhaps a fast-paced and limitless industry saturated with creativity, innovation and business savvy personalities hurdled together, all working towards a common goal. However, there is a hassle in satisfying every fashion enthusiast’s thirst for content immensely immersing and gratifying. The magazine culture of the recent decade has evolved and birthed significant masterpieces that fill our stands, our personal libraries and intellectual cravings.

            I for one believe that in a world where information is highly democratized and readily available to anyone eager enough to look, and easily opened to anyone willing to release, it has become increasingly hard to separate quality from the quantity. This isn’t to say that this is necessarily a bad thing, far from it. I like to think that it has helped build creativity and harness hard work where the hardworking truly thrive. It is on this note I happened to come across the hard-working team of creatives at the LYTS magazine. 

The eagerness with which foots leave the floor, scampering to get work done, the framework and every astute management of time and effort is perhaps what has driven me to gush about a magazine I have not held in my hand or relished with my correlated senses. And if you doubt the credibility of my gut feeling, let’s make a bet on the maiden edition, shall we?

But I will tell you one thing, and that is that I consider myself to be somewhat of a magazine addict both in hardcopy and softcopy and for various reasons I indulge both. The magazine culture in Hardcopy in recent times has dwindled with the fast-paced influx of the internet in all its easy accessibility and affordability. Why then do I indulge magazines in print? Well for one, I am a hoarder and I like to keep hardcopy magazines for aesthetic purposes (that is filling up my bookshelf of course). I also like the fact that hardcopy magazines give a level of concentration as to the fact that there would be less of the distraction/temptation of checking emails, replying messages, having a go at Candy Crush and etcetera on my electronic device if I were reading it in print rather than online. 

As a person who is incessantly curious, I believe magazines whether fashion or otherwise should educate people about important sociopolitical issues that affects humanity as a whole. The identification and celebration of pace-setters, the information delivered in visually artistic pieces is what I look for when I pick up a magazine. As a young adult, permit me to say that youths are curious and indulging, we thrive on the prospect of being heard, listened to and given what we desire. This to my best knowledge is what LYTS strives to accomplish in ground-breaking fashion. So, permit me to say it LYTS me up because believe me I know what I am saying.



 

If the forthcoming exams in a few days does not cave me in a two-week cocoon of calculus, optical physics, hell-sent computations and hooded eyelids from deprived sleep and my unrepentant indulgence of procrastination, I promise to write and post. For inasmuch as I love blogging, I am committed to my education first.

. Plus I took my own photography tips and tell me you don’t think I give good advice! Lol. In the meantime however, I shall be rocking my new favourite Tote bag.






Wham Bam! With love, x EJ

Photography // Precious Styles
Editing // Ene Ijato
Styling // Ene Ijato
Wearing; Shoes by Zara// trousers by Celine // shirt by Ene Ijato


You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. wow!! Really captivating. Although i'm no fashion enthusiast, i feel like getting my own copy of the bag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad atall.... Keep it light up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would the mag be in print only or would there be an online version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There would definitely be an online version

      Delete
  4. These pictures are amazing, new here and I just fell in love with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're so kind. Thanks! And I do hope you stick around. ❤ EJ

      Delete

Eager to hear your thoughts!

EJATO'S CANVAS

Fashion and a Nerd

Powered by Blogger.

Press