LENSES

by - February 25, 2019



Maybe we need to look behind lenses not ours, to experience in the barest, lives not ours.








I love being in front of a camera as much as I love being behind it. Whether it is to tell a story or to capture it, there is pure artistic value in both endeavours.








One of the most beautiful things about a photo is that it gives you a visual portrayal of experiences and emotions and presence, and demands your raw subjective interpretation. I am drawn to the way certain photographs evoke sensory impressions on the mind of its audience. How they incept conversations without words, how they affect you. 








It is almost like a feeling of walking into a strange house and finding pieces of yourself in drawers and rooms and mirrors. Like smelling the air and breathing in memories in whiffs of old talc or stale tobacco or burnt Sunday stew.







I like to, in anyway I can insert a piece of myself in my work. Maybe it is because I hope that someone, would look at the things I have poured pieces of myself into. See through my lens, and experience in the barest, something not theirs, yet strangely familiar.





A hi nya, with love, x E
Photography and creative directing by || Ene Ijato
Modelled by || Mustapha Bello



You May Also Like

0 comments

Eager to hear your thoughts!

EJATO'S CANVAS

Fashion and a Nerd

Powered by Blogger.

Press