LEARN FROM A PRO: ELIZABETH DELPHINE OF SLIPINTOSTYLE

by - October 13, 2017



CREATIVES FEATURE

Slip into style with Elizabeth Delphine







Ellie needs no introduction if you’re a fashion lover living it up on Instagram. Her friendly comments and charming personality is one thing about her that’s hard to miss. Whether you love la mode and gorgeous shoes, are obsessed with T-shirts and mini handbags, (in which case she’s your epic pro). Or not, it might please you to know that she’s also an Instagram pro. From amazing visual content, to a laid-back chic style to die for presented with informative styling tips, Ellie effortlessly lands a seat on the pros table as the Instagram queen of casual chic.

In this light, I happened to catch up with her on her style journey, and how she has managed to build a large and undoubtedly engaging Instagram following. 




Who is Elizabeth Delphine?    

I’m a Caribbean girl through and through, living in the city of lights, Paris. Although my day Job has nothing to do with fashion, I love, breathe and sleep fashion! It’s truly a passion of mine.

Tell us about your journey as a style curator?

I guess I had always been interested in fashion, but the passion really started 6 or 7years ago when I moved to Paris. I was really influenced by the growing trend of fashion bloggers at the time, Leandra Medine of Man Repeller mainly. 

I started posting my looks on Instagram a year or so ago, after I kept seeing pictures of fashionistas with great looks and was like ‘I want to do this, I want to share with other people.’ I also wanted to bring a little bit more of diversity in terms of race of course, I have yet to see a black Aimee Song or Sincerely Jules.

But also in terms of outfits, in an era where most girls equate fashion to anything bodycon or resembling the style of their favourite TV stars, I wanted to show that fashion does not have to be about constantly wearing tight clothes or showing indecent amounts of skin. Fashion should be fun! (she laughs) and people should stop taking it too seriously. 

What inspires your personal style?

Well, being born and raised in the Caribbean, colours and prints are part of my DNA really! I love mixing and matching. Caribbean ladies who go to church are the true masters of the art of mix and match.

I love standout pieces like a crazy pair of feather shoes or furry ones, the same goes for handbags, colours, colours, colours! I look at pictures from six years ago, and my love for statement shoes has remained intact.

I honestly dress for myself, not to impress anyone or appear seductive to any man. I like to take risks, think outside the box and try new things in my sartorial choices and that is what fashion should be about!


 

How did you build such a large and engaging Instagram following of over 14k that keeps getting larger and more engaging by the day in such a short period of time? Tell us your secrets!

Believe me, it has been a surreal process. Ok, so first rule: If you want people to comment on your photos, you have to comment on theirs regularly. 

Then try to make engaging posts, my story time posts always get a lot of comments.

Lastly, support pods hep but Instagram considers them spam because people in pods don’t bother with long comments and three words comments are considered spam by Instagram in pods.
But in all, make friends! Real genuine friendships on Instagram will earn you genuine engagement.

Lastly, we’d like to know what you use to take your photos on Instagram, and your go-to photo editors

I’m afraid I’m not very sophisticated, I only use an IPhone 7 plus and I use VSCO for filters and Insta size for borders.

Thanks Ellie, it’s been great learning so much fashion and Instagram wisdom from you!

It’s been a pleasure sharing really, xoxo.

Instagram @slipintostyle






And yes, I’ve managed to sneak in a moment from study breaks and life routine to interview this sweetheart, Ellie. I hope you learn a thing or two from this interview, and I hope you all enjoy your week, do leave me your feedback in the comment section below. You’ll be hearing from me sooner than you think!
A hi nya, with love, x E
 

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Geez, your Instagram is just awesome! I love fashion stuff, but I also want to share with you some info on how to get promoted faster! There's this cool app to get rid of spam on your Instagram account: https://spamguardapp.com/. You know, ghost, commercial acccounts, shops - they just do harm to the image. But it's very easy to deal with it using this app - advertisers will love your perfect account, and promoting will be no match for you!

    ReplyDelete

Eager to hear your thoughts!

EJATO'S CANVAS

Fashion and a Nerd

Powered by Blogger.

Press