SPACES

by - August 20, 2018




PERSONAL
 


Inside the empty rooms and colossal silences, inside the spaces, here are five integral things about your girl.











Recently a friend described me as reserved and I could not for the life of me think I’d ever be described as that. I’ve always been the very outspoken girl who’d argue to prove a point and always thought of myself as very non-reserved. 

But to some extent, I believe he was right, over the course of my life, I’ve in many ways learnt to occupy the spaces inside myself. I learnt to watch some things rather than being involved in them. In many ways, I would describe myself as somewhat of a trained extroverted introvert. 
 And this would bring me to a place where I am at this moment self-aware of who I am, and how I have evolved over the years. And because this is one of the spaces I have chosen to occupy, I’d like to share with you five integral things about your girl.

Me. I’m your girl. I am She.

1.       SHE LOVES TO READ
I have always found the company of books to be very eye opening and perspective widening, it gives me the chance to explore ideas, understand views and better navigate the world. I could read anything as long as I can understand it. Yes, I’m non-apologetically a nerd.

2.        SHE LOVES FOOD

Now my love for food has nothing to do with the satisfaction it provides to my stomach. I love food for the artistry involved in presentation and taste, I basically enjoy experimenting with organic produce. I find cooking absolutely tiring and it really is a mood for me, so I like to eat out in different restaurants most of the time, just to avoid it when I can. #Enetherestaurantexplorer

3.       SHE LOVES MUSIC
Favourites might be alternative music from the likes of Angelique Kidjo, Birdy, Asa,
Brymo, Aurora, Florence welsh… but I listen to music across genres and in many ways, I love creating music as well as listening to it. Music is a huge influence on my work and creative process and has helped inspire me artistically over the years. My favourite instruments are the piano and violin. Can I play? Lol maybe…

4.       SHE DRESSES FOR ART AND COMFORT
Whenever I’m asked what influences my style, I’ve always somehow meandered, but right now, I can concretely say it’s a split between communicating my place of artistry and being comfortable. Comfort + Art = A practical version of Lady Gaga.

5.       SHE HAS STRONG BELIEFS
Perhaps a delicate subject, belief is a personal journey and I’ve come to realise that I’ve evolved in my belief systems over the years.  I strongly believe in being true to one’s self and embracing your individuality while also mastering the vital balance of being integrated into the universality of human existence. I’m a Feminist, an Egalitarian, and aggressively pro-choice.

MORTAL FLAW
A sensitivity to physical flaws, despite a convicting knowledge of the deep unfulfilling nature of its essence. I’m sensitive about my mildly ‘granny hands’ which is quite a less intense case of ichthyosis Vulgaris, and I’m sensitive about my ever-present tired eyes. Although I do not let these things affect the way I live my life, I hope to one day reach a point where I no longer give a damn about someone accessing my hands or the need to conceal.





About to be absorbed into the whirlwind that is the Federal University of Technology Minna, Exams. I might hide face for a while. xoxo

     A hi nya, with love, x E
Photography || Ene Ijato assisted by Titus Zhiri
Styling || Ene Ijato
 


You May Also Like

1 comments

Eager to hear your thoughts!

EJATO'S CANVAS

Fashion and a Nerd

Powered by Blogger.

Press